I know it's been a very long while since my last post, and for good reason. Things are a little uncertain around here for the time being.
Had an interview for the head coaching job here at Manhattan College yesterday. I thought it went well, but it is still a very stressful time for me and my family - waiting to see if I have a job here in a few weeks isn't easy to sit back and wait on. I'm hopeful but reserved.
Moving on, here's a little post about some of the most interesting stories I've seen today:
1. Great story for Mariners prospect Kyle Seager getting called up to play with the M's after already playing a game for AAA Tacoma earlier in the day. (no relation for rock legend Bob Seger).
2. Former Steelers secondary coach Ray Horton gave his 1999 Mercedes SL500 to a cafeteria worker before leaving for his new role with the Arizona Cardinals as defensive coordinator. Actually, he told the worker, Maurice Matthews, to give him the money he had in his pocket - $20. That's all it costs this guy. Pretty cool story.
3. Wasn't it just a few short weeks ago that everyone was talking about the dream season the Pittsburgh Pirates were having? I thought they were tied for first in the NL Central before losing six straight recently and falling an unmanageable 6.5 GB in the standings. It was a good run for the Bucs but once again, they disappear into obscurity.
4. Yahoo! has released a "25 Ways to Cut 500 Calories a Day" article, which always seem to be ridiculous with the content and what you could do. Here's a few of the ways to cut calories:
- tap your foot: fidgeting burns 350 a day - yeah, sure!
- use smaller plates: unless you pack all you can on the smaller plate.
- skip the whip: oh yeah, because I always put whipped cream on everything I eat/drink
- nix that smoothie a day: again, I'm not visiting Jamba Juice every day (although I'd love to).
- ditch the buttered movie popcorn: at $12 a ticket, I'll just ditch the movies.
Time to get something in my stomach, getting a little hungry and I'd hate to get a migraine. Heading up to Massachusetts Saturday to meet up with Lindsay - we have a wedding in Easton, MA. She headed up to Martha's Vineyard this afternoon to stay with her mother for a few nights before the wedding. She took the little guy, and I am here with Nathan.
Miss those two.