- My Keurig coffee maker shit the bed. I called earlier today and they told me they already sent me my free replacement, two years ago. Now call me crazy, but it's now broken twice - neither time being my fault - and they won't do anything but give me a discount on a new one? Don't get me wrong, the lady who I dealt with was very friendly and helpful, but all I want it my damn coffee to brew and the Keurig coffee maker to work properly for longer than two years. The first time all the lights began blinking and I couldn't brew anything. This time because the "descale" light came on and ever since I descaled it, it refuses to brew a cup of coffee. Needless to say, I am not happy with Keurig right now. Lucky for them, I'm out of K-Cups and have been using the My K-Cup thing, which can be a pain in the ass. Looking into a regular coffee maker or another brand that will stand by their product. It's not like I'm a collector of Keurig coffee systems, I'm not hoarding them. I'm using the one I've got - or was using - and that's it. Wwfihfnsdf sdgb!!!
- In weather related news, it snowed like a bastard here in CT yesterday only to be mostly washed away by rain. I am not complaining and the snow was a welcome sight - sort of - but it's kind of weird how it could just snow and rain on the same day. Kind of counterproductive. It'd be a lot easier just to be sunny out and be done with it.
- In NCAA hoops news, Yahoo!'s Pat Forde reports, per a Sports Illustrated article, that UCLA is a program in shambles. Ben Howland and his three Final Four appearances are a distant memory. There seems to be no discipline from Howland and players are not held accountable for their actions. They've been muddled in mediocrity all season - they're 16-13 and 9-7 in a terrible PAC-12. They've lost to St. John's, Loyola Marymount, and Middle Tennessee State (by 20; MTSU is 25-5).
- Sadly, they are no longer The Monkees as lead singer Davy Jones passed away yesterday from a heart attack. Dude was a heartthrob back in the day.
- Nolan just woke up. Gotta go convince him to go back to sleep for a little longer.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Just Another Manic Thursday
Lots to cover today, the first of March. According to a friend, it's American Red Cross Month, Irish American Heritage Month, National Nutrition Month, and Women's History Month. Seems like a pretty packed month - no one group really gets the spotlight.