Navaeh seems to be popular because it's "heaven" backwards. God Shammgod is a guard from Providence by way of NYC.
Here's a collection of some unique names from the sports world, in no particular order. I'm aiming for active players only.
- Kila Ka'aihue - first baseman for the Oakland A's, not surprisingly from Hawaii
- Captain Munnerlyn - cornerback for the Carolina Panthers, but he is not the captain
- Dirk Nowitzki - forward for the Dallas Mavericks, it's just fun to say .. Dirk Dirk Dirk
- Placido Polanco - utility player for the Phillies, talking about fun to say
- Richie Incognito - guard for the Miami Dolphins, but he's undercover
- Bronson Arroyo - pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds, long hair don't care and he's with the band
- Jon Jay and Lance Lynn - outfielder and pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, because everyone loves saying names that begin with the same letter
- Kaka - soccer player from Brazil, just because it makes you laugh
- R.A. Dickey - pitcher for the New York Mets, just because it makes you laugh
- Metta World Peace - forward for the Los Angeles Lakers, who is serving a suspension for elbowing James Harden in the head, ironic